Tech is often construed as the career pursuit for spectacle clad geeks and programming prodigy. Nowadays everyone is perceiving involvement in the tech industry as the chase for the best big Instagram or Facebook.
Contrary to popular belief, technology/coding/programming is just another canvas open to artists of all walks of life to paint their worlds in the color of their choosing. With the advancement of technology, it is becoming increasingly easy to learn and execute some truly rich interactive experiences with just your browser. Visual artists, musicians, storytellers, and UX designers are getting involved to build the tools to fuel the creativity for future generations!
- http://www.ro.me/ – “3 Dreams of Black”, an interactive film by Chris Milk.
- http://i-remember.fr/en – “I remember” is a blessing most of us take for granted. Share your memories and help to fight Alzheimer’s disease.
- http://www.playmapscube.com/ – Play your way through a cubic Google Maps world. Travel through New York, Tokyo and many other cities and learn all about the great features of Google Maps.
peugeot.com/start.html – 1 heroine, 1 mission, 4 driving modes. Discover an all new online experience inspired by the Peugeot HYbrid4 technology.
polishchristmasguide.com/ – Don’t want to get surprised by Polish Christmas celebrations? Discover Polish Christmas traditions with HTML5-driven interactive guide.
- http://www.hondatheotherside.com/?x=en-gb – Press and hold the R key to see the other side.
three/examples/webgl_terrain_ dynamic.html – dynamic procedural terrain using 3d simplex noise birds by mirada from ro.me – textures by qubodup and davis123 – music by Kevin MacLeod.
php?034 – WebGL demo using HTML5 and webcam. Note this piece requires a modern browser that supports native webcam access, such as Chrome or Firefox, and WebGL. This simulates smoke patterns responding to the webcam.
- http://www.jamwithchrome.com/ – Play music live with your friends online.
circumscrible – HTML5 CANVAS Experiment.
- https://sketchfab.com/ – Use Sketchfab to publish, share and embed interactive 3D files. Discover thousands of 3D models from games, cultural heritage, architecture, design and more.
water/ – This project was an experiment in realtime water rendering with WebGL. The focus was on the rendering aspect, not on the simulation, so the behavior of the water isn’t that realistic. The water heightfield is simulated using a floating-point texture and the caustics are rendered using the GLSL derivative functions.
GLOW/examples/complicated/ – GLOW is a WebGL wrapper, which focuses on easy creation and use of shaders.
9qRTBUilu3RM4AeO9HDHXXxqD71 – Muscle Car by KMiklas.